Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Easy Creamy Tomato Pasta

Today was the longest day. I was on campus from 7:30am to 4pm. In between nutrition classes, labs, and cranking out a research paper before its deadline I barely had time to think or much less eat. Before I left the house this morning I had two scrambled eggs, some strawberries, and hot tea. Later in the day my stomach met a banana and that's about it. So you can only imagine by the time I got home at 4:30 I only had food on the brain. But I'll tell you what....I made the most amazing pasta ever. Seriously. Real life. 

After ACL this weekend, I can only scrape together what I have in my pantry and fridge for food this week. So that's what I did.

Introducing...Creamy Tomato Pasta!

This was the only picture I got..it was a mad frenzy in my kitchen once I finished making this.

Here's the recipe:

Creamy Tomato Pasta
Loosely adapted by memory from PW


1/2 lb. rigatoni
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 8oz. cans of tomato sauce (I had roasted garlic)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 grated parmesan 
red pepper flakes
pinch of cayenne (optional) 
salt and pepper

Boil the pasta while you saute the onions until soft, then add for garlic for about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce and red pepper flakes. Cook on low-medium for about 20 minutes. when pasta is almost done add the heavy cream to the tomato sauce. Cook for a minute and add the parmesan then season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. Reserve some pasta water just in case you need to smooth out the sauce and add the pasta. That's it!

If I had some basil I would totally throw it in at the end.

P.S. This is the only picture I got at ACL this past weekend...figures.

friends and family love.

No comments:

Post a Comment