Thursday, September 22, 2011

Michael Pollan Interviews

This morning I slept in and a big comfort brunch was calling my name. I made my favorite tea before I got cooking. I brew some earl grey, add a splash of milk and a little bit of sugar....I'm addicted. 
the last of my second cup :(

So on to brunch! I looked in my fridge and this is what I came up with.


Everything in the Fridge Scramble

1/2 yukon gold potato, diced
little bit of red onion, diced
2 small jalapenos, diced
2 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
3 eggs
salt and peppa

Pan fry the potatoes until they're soft and crispy and set them aside on a paper towel to chill out. Saute the onions, jalapenos, and throw in some salt cook for a minute and add the mushrooms, season, let them get soft and throw in the zucchini. Only cook 30 seconds or so then add the eggs and let em scramble! 

I threw on some leftover black refried beans from some black bean taquitos I made last week because i was starving! Quite a delicious brunch I must say. The beans made it tex-mexy and made me feel like I was sitting at Magnolia Cafe in Austin..in the comfort of my PJ's =)

For class (and pleasure really) I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. It's extremely eye opening and I can barely put it down. I just watched this interview he did with Bill Moyers. It's a little dated but still very interesting. It's a two-parter. Check it out.



Here's a few of his books on the topic that are definitely worth reading if you're interested in the food industry and where your food really comes from.

- Food Rules
- In Defense of Food (I just picked this up at the library to read next)
- Omnivore's Dilemma 

Have a good Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment